How Do You Select The Best Hair Salons or Black Hairdressers?
The hair of women with African American descent is unique in characteristic. Any woman Black Hairdressers in Alberton who wishes their hair to look at its best will admit to spending endless hours experimenting with their hair and possibly trying out many salons to identify the look and style that best suits them.
Until recently, that process has been even more difficult for an African American – due to the complexity of their hair and a limited amount of styles that can be carried out with ease.
It was of no help either that the products produced specifically for Afro hair were few and far between. You may remember having your hair braided by a relative or friend – a procedure that took some time but kept the hair neat and under control. This is still hugely popular between African Americans, but the time has finally come that they can opt for those styles that were once deemed an impossible.
African American Healthy Hair Care: The Basics
The Pixie. The pixie cut is super short and easy to maintain. Give it an ultramodern twist by choosing asymmetrical lines. Halle Berry made this style popular among black women, and it will be a style that continues to be a classic.
Braids. Yes – it is the staple cut for African American women. Your hair will stay as close to its natural state with this style and is one of the easier ones to maintain without overdoing it on styling products. Check out images of Alicia Keys and Jada Pinkett Smith.
African American Hair Dos, Going the Curly Perm Route
Sleek and Straight. Thanks to straightening irons strong enough to tame any Afro, the days of using chemicals to straighten the hair are long gone. Black celebrities such as Beyonce and Mary J Blige look stunning with their sleek looks.
Interesting Facts About Black Hairdressers in Duxberry:
About Black Hairdressers in Duxberry:
It can be difficult to find a hair extension stylist near you, and you don't always have the time to drive hours to get your hair done. Luckily, several online resources are available to help.
Here is a helpful, condensed list:
The Hair Extension Salon Locator
This site lists hair extension salons by state. It also features articles on the care of hair extensions and hair loss information. Additionally, they have supplies and training resources.
This is the website for the HairBonz hair extension system. You can call 1-888-693-HAIR to find a listing of hair extension salons using the HairBonz system.
No matter where you located your hair extension salon, make sure that your stylist is qualified to apply the extensions. He or she should be a licensed cosmetologist with ample experience in applying the type of extensions you are considering. Many experts recommend that you meet some of the stylist's other clients and find out if they are happy with their extensions. At the very least, ask to see a portfolio with before and after pictures.
Black Hairdressers in Duxberry
Okay, let's talk straight. For decades, women of African descent the world over have relied on various tried-and-tested methods to "relax" their hair. Then, about a decade ago, the Yuko system made a big stink among people of all colors when it came over from Japan, followed by Opti-Smooth. Now a third contender is fighting to become top dog in the hair straightening stakes: the Brazilian.
Not what the name may imply, the Brazilian is a relatively new hair straightening system that has nothing to do with waxing away pubic hair. It is a semi-permanent way to straighten the hair on your head, which uses keratin - and sometimes formaldehyde - to tame even the curliest locks. But while it may be taking the world of hair by storm, even it has its drawbacks...
If you are considering straightening your hair for more than just an occasional night out, you may be thinking of a permanent hair straightening system. Here is the best - and the worst - of the most popular systems currently on offer. Remember, success will depend not only on your type of hair and how rigorously you adhere to its upkeep, but also on the skill of your stylist - as well as the products he or she chooses to use.
Brazilian Hair Straightening (aka Brazilian Blow-Out or Brazilian Keratin Treatment). The stylist applies active keratin, a protein found in the top layer of our skin which makes it both waterproof and tough, although sometimes this is used in conjunction with formaldehyde, which can be dangerous (see below). The formula is then sealed into the hair using a hot iron, taking away frizz, curls and unruly waves. Takes about two hours, more for longer or more unruly hair.
* Home Relaxing Kits. Much like a do-it-yourself salon-style routine. Apply straightening cream, leave on, rinse away, straighten with straightening iron, neutralize, wash and blow dry. Takes about two hours in total, more for longer hair. Good luck!
* Ironing. Time was when many young girls had their hair ironed - with a clothes iron - to have straighter tresses. The process could take up to an hour and was often saved for special occasions. Required two people: one to lay her head on the ironing board while the other wielded the iron. Had to be a trusted friend - with excellent eyesight!
Hair straightening is just another way that us mortals deal with "the grass is greener" syndrome. In the 1970s and 1980s everyone was rushing to have a perm and make their straight hair curly, now the reverse is the talk of the town.
If you decide to go the permanently straight route, it's important to find a salon you trust. Take heed if your hair is dyed, colored or even just highlighted, as this may affect the outcome of the straightening process - even if your stylist assures you this isn't the case!
Remember, also, that all chemically straightened hair will require a good hair-care routine to keep it looking good. This means using a protein-rich shampoo, conditioner and other anti-frizz products, as locking in all the moisture possible will be crucial in maintaining that salon style.
African American Hair Braiding Styles Are Quite Attractive To The Young Generation-Why
Girls with wavy, curly, kinky, or nappy hair: Finally there is a solution! It's the latest trend and fad that all the celebrities are doing. It's called a Brazilian Hair Straightening. This treatment is setting the new standard for straight hair.
This treatment will turn your hair from drag to fab in less than 2 hours depending on the length of your hair. The best part is that it lasts up to 4 months! So no more weekly visits to the salon for a $100 checkup and no more monthly re-treatment visits to your favorite barbershop, the Brazilian keratin hair straightening treatment is it girls.
What is a Brazilian Hair Straightening Treatment?
Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening is a revolutionary treatment is an intense treatment that softens, smoothens, and most important gives you straight hair.
It does not use any strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, breaking the bones of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance, which comprises approximately 88% of your hair. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage.
- Don't wash your hair for the first time.
- Do not tie your hair into a ponytail.
- Do not use hair clips.
- Do not place your hair behind your ears.
- Do not exercise or sweat.
- Do not use hair bands.
- Do not use your glasses to hold your hair back.
- Do not use sprays, gel or mousses.
Bottom line, if your hair is unruly, frizzy, or overly curly and you would like to have low maintenance, hassle free hair that is shiny and straight, a "Brazilian Hair Straightening" is just the thing for you. I hope you enjoy beautiful straight hair.
- Local Hairdressers Boksburg
- Hairdresser Brakpan
- Hairdresser For Black Hair East Rand
- Hairdressing Salon Sunninghill
- Best Hairdresser Pretoria
- Find A Hairdresser Sandhurst
- Professional Hairdresser Bryanston
- Jamaican Hairdressers Gauteng
- Top Hairdressers Bryanston
- Nearest African Hair Salon Benoni
- Hair Salons Near Me For African American Hair Boksburg
- African American Hair Extensions Salon Sandton
- Hair Salon African Northgate
- African American Hair Salons Md Rivonia
- African American Hair Braiding Salons Edenvale
- Hair Salons That Specialize In African American Hair Gauteng
- African American Hair Stylist Near Me Midrand
- African American Hair Stylist River Club
- Hair Stylist For African American Hair Kempton park
- African American Stylist Near Me Sunninghill
- Famous African American Hair Stylist Rivonia
- African American Hair Stylists Parkmore
- African American Stylist Pretoria
- African American Hair Stylist Charlotte Nc Sunninghill
- African Hair Braiding Cornrow Styles Duxberry